Post Summer Skin Menu
Beautiful skin is healthy skin. Utah has the highest rate of skin cancer in the world so we want all our patients at AKMD to benefit from state of the art skin care. We have curated a high-quality, gimmick-free skin care menu for our clients. Wrinkles have many different causes and therefore there are many different treatments. Please take a moment to review our options to determine which is best for you.
The Full Menu
- Prevention: We live in one of the most intense places on earth for sun damage. Even with our best efforts, it is impossible not to acquire UV injury over the years. The best method is prevention with sunscreen. We offer non-toxic and organic options. What you put on your skin needs to be as chemical free as what you eat to be safe for everyday use. Try our samples and stock up! These make excellent gifts. Ask about our discount membership savings.
- Excess skin removal: Sometimes wrinkles are from excess skin. The attachments between the skin and the muscle allow gravity and deflation of the tissues to cause bunching up and wrinkle formation. One of the most natural ways to remove facial wrinkles is with a face/neck lift procedure. Dr. Keen is a specialist in facial surgery. Recovery is typically one to two weeks for bruising and stiffness with minimal pain. Please ask one of our staff for more information about cost.
- No down-time: We offer the most effective zero down-time laser facial available. Picogenesis uses pico second technology to provide light treatment without heat damage. It is safe for all skin types. You will see improvements in the appearance of unwanted freckles, early skin cancers, age spots, facial redness, fine lines, and pore size. This is ideal as a 5 session series, but some patients are content with the results from a single treatment. One treatment is $450 or you may purchase a package at a discounted rate of $1750.
- Maximal non-surgical tightening: Fractional CO2 laser is probably our favorite non-surgical skin treatment. With a single treatment, both color and thickness of the skin are improved. We especially like fractional CO2 for crepey skin under the eyelids. The laser works by creating microscopic holes in the skin where new skin cells can replace old. The results are natural appearing and healthy. You can expect up to 7 days of swelling and potentially weeks of minimal redness. Results continue to improve over a year or two. You have the option of lasering face and neck for $2600, just face $2100, or lower eyelids $800.
- Discoloration: Our Excel V treatments are the best in class for removal of red pigment either due to sun damage or heredity. This laser can also safely and effectively treat leg and facial veins, poikiloderma, port wine stains, venous lakes, warts, skin tags, and much more. Most treatments require 1-4 sessions. Redness and swelling can be expected following the treatments and will resolve within a few days. For full face treatments, swelling will peak 24-48 hours. You can wear makeup and return to normal activities immediately. Prices per area range from $175-650 per area.
- Neuromodulators: Neuromodulators such as Botox, Jeuveau, Xeomen and Dysport help wrinkles by relaxing the muscles under the skin. This works well for people with very active muscles on various areas of the face. Neuromodulators help with protruding neck bands and underarm sweating as well! Our nurse injector, Lu Ann, is one of the best practitioners in the country with 20 years of experience. She has a very gentle technique, even for the most fearful clients. Expect to re-treat at 3-4 month intervals to maintain the benefit. We offer membership pricing for a discounted rate. Ask our staff how you can save!
- Fillers: Fillers are an excellent way to replace volume loss. Faces lose fat, especially on the lateral cheek areas, around the eyes, temples and around the mouth and jawnline. Safety and artistry are both crucial to having the maximal benefit from your filler, so placement is key. Our injector, Lu Ann, has an excellent aesthetic eye for a natural looking result with minimal downtime! One syringe is $600 and typically lasts six months to one year, depending on the location. We offer membership pricing for a discounted rate. Dr. Keen offers fat grafting as a surgical option with facial rejuvenation procedures.